ENERGY MANAGEMENT: OVERVIEW
Due to continuously rising prices, energy efficiency is becoming an increasingly important issue in business and industry – not only for cost reasons, but also because of heightened sensitivity to environmental issues. In order to achieve significant savings, above all complex processes in production systems have to be optimized and, for example, cycles times and downtime need to be minimized.
Once every four years, large companies are required to subject themselves to a mandatory energy audit in accordance with DIN EN 16247-1, but this is merely a status assessment as compared with an energy management system in accordance with DIN EN ISO 50001. However, small and mid-sized companies benefit from this as well.
And thus in the meantime for many companies, systematic energy management is a suitable tool for increasing energy efficiency and reducing costs as a result. The ISO 50001 standard, which came into force in 2011, sets appropriate international standards for energy management systems. By determining how much energy is consumed by which departments within a company, it’s also possible to identify where potential savings are available. Experience shows that companies can reduce energy consumption by 10 to 25% with the help of an energy management system.
ADVANTAGES OF AN ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (ENMS):
- Tax incentives (peak consumption compensation, EEG levy)
- Subsidizing for the introduction of an energy management system
- Compliance with legal requirements
- Clarity concerning energy consumption throughout the company
- Increased supply security
- Image cultivation and environmental protection
- Heightened employee awareness with regard to energy efficiency and climate protection
- Cost center management: fair allocation and billing of energy costs to the actual consumers
- Quick identification and elimination of significant changes by means of continuous monitoring
INTUITIVE SECURITY FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL NETWORK – SIMPLE, UNDERSTANDABLE AND EFFECTIVE
Do you want to introduce an energy management system or are you still looking for a suitable tool for data collection? With its Gossen Metrawatt and Camille Bauer brand names, Gossen Metrawatt GmbH offers a broad range of products for effective energy data management as a competent partner – from the acquisition level right on up to the management level.